Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Español | Deutsche | Français | Italiano | Português [ Get this script ]


THIS IS ME, THEN

Nope. This does not contain any photo of mine. Okay now, that out of the way, let’s deal with the topic at hand.Many a time I’ve come across a piece of writing which gives me a creepy feeling of being observed and judged, and sometimes it feels like déjà vu, like I’ve passed through exactly the same juncture of life as the writer. Here’s one of them, which appeared in the US magazine about three years back.
ONLY DREAMING DOES NOT HELP
Due to my egotistical and stubborn nature, I always took pleasure in fantasizing about what I would be in life, rather what I would have in life.These thoughts were only illusions and nothing was true about them. A bricked mansion, classy cars,trendy gear and a whole lot of wealth and fame.I never blamed myself for fantasizing since like everyone else, I also had a right to imagine myself as rich and popular. But everything that I had ever owned, seemed to be either taken away from me or as a result of my immaturity, I had always managed to make an irrational decision and make a wrong choice.Ever since I was born, there had been streaks of stubbornness in my nature and that has always made me spoil what ever came my way.Never did I feel a need to be loved or to be adored by everyoneTime passed and my ambitions grew stronger. But the lack of experience never let me think that success demanded sacrifices and much more, which I could not possibly think of doing.Now here I am, all alone, dejected, helpless and a good-for-nothing person. So much for my dreams; none of it happened to come true for real.Sometimes I think of all the people in the world, why did I have to pass through this? I mean u had only thought of a life which was luxurious. But what did I really get?Now I know that only dreaming does not help. There should be efforts involved to achieve it.- NATALIA KHAN
I hope Natalia has learnt her lesson and got her life back on track. About me, I only want to add that I’m determined more than ever to make it all happen. I mean if I don’t strive for it now, that would mean all my dreams were in vain, that I lost precious years of my life. I can’t let that happen. I know being rich isn’t the most important thing in the world, but it does play a significant part in your level of success and happiness. And for me it is vital because all my life I’ve dreamed about it, right from my childhood. Whenever something would come up which I couldn’t get because of lack of money, I would silently vow to myself that I would change all that one day. That day hasn’t come as yet. But it will, InshaAllah.